By William Barney
- Complete assurance of the entire significant issues and present debates in nineteenth-century US heritage assessing the kingdom of the scholarship and destiny concerns.
- 24 unique essays by means of prime specialists in nineteenth-century American historical past whole with up to date bibliographies.
- Chronological and thematic association covers either conventional and modern fields of study - politics, classes, economic system, classification formation, ethnicity, gender roles, areas, tradition and ideas.
Read or Download A Companion to 19th-Century America (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar historical reference books
Positioned at the southern-most tip of the Balkan peninsula in Europe's southeast, Greece is a small state of a few eleven million humans. And whereas few humans have an extended background than the Greeks, sleek Greece is a reasonably younger nation, having been based in 1830. Greece has come some distance considering that then; it's been a shopper nation, first of england after which of the us, for a lot of its glossy lifestyles yet now it has secured an equivalent position on the most sensible tables of NATO and the european.
Given that Abraham visited the mysterious personality often called Melchizedek, the King of Salem, the threads of historical past hooked up that assembly to the good establishment we all know this day as Freemasonry. A fraternity - no longer a faith - Freemasonry communicates what Melchizedek taught Abraham approximately eternity, the continuation of the human soul and the way to raised the lives of these round us.
This quantity offers a complete learn of banditry in Latin the USA and of its cultural illustration. In its scope around the continent, taking a look heavily at international locations the place bandit tradition has manifested itself forcefully ― Mexico (the topic of the case study), the Hispanic south-west of the U.S., Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela and Cuba ― it imagines a ‘Golden Age’ of banditry in Latin the United States from the mid-nineteenth century to the Forties while so-called ‘social bandits’, an concept first proposed via Eric Hobsbawm and extra built right here, flourished.
Wie airplane ich meine Lehrveranstaltung und was once muss ich dabei beachten? Diese Fragen beschäftigen vor Beginn jedes Semesters Lehrende der Geschichtswissenschaft und angrenzender Disziplinen an deutschen Hochschulen. Der vorliegende Band gibt hierzu theoretisch fundierte und praxisorientierte Hilfestellungen.
- Königinnen der Lüfte in Europa (German Edition)
- Caribbean Slave Revolts and the British Abolitionist Movement (Antislavery, Abolition, and the Atlantic World)
- Der Maya-Kalender 1201-1300 n.Chr.: Haab - Tzolkin - Long Count für jeden einzelnen Tag (German Edition)
- El Paso and the Mexican Revolution (Images of America)
Extra info for A Companion to 19th-Century America (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)