By Teresa A. Meade,Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks
- An wide survey of the historical past of girls world wide, their interplay with males, and the position of gender in shaping human habit over millions of years.
- Discusses kin heritage, the historical past of the physique and sexuality, and cultural background along women’s background and gender history.
- Considers the significance of sophistication, zone, ethnicity, race and faith to the formation of gendered societies.
- Contains either thematic essays and chronological-geographic essays.
- Gives due weight to pre-history and the pre-modern period in addition to to the fashionable era.
- Written via students from around the English-speaking global and students for whom English isn't really their first language.
Read or Download A Companion to Gender History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar historical reference books
Positioned at the southern-most tip of the Balkan peninsula in Europe's southeast, Greece is a small state of a few eleven million humans. And whereas few humans have an extended background than the Greeks, smooth Greece is a reasonably younger state, having been based in 1830. Greece has come some distance given that then; it's been a shopper kingdom, first of england after which of the USA, for a lot of its glossy life yet now it has secured an equivalent position on the most sensible tables of NATO and the european.
Considering the fact that Abraham visited the mysterious personality often called Melchizedek, the King of Salem, the threads of background hooked up that assembly to the nice establishment we all know this present day as Freemasonry. A fraternity - no longer a faith - Freemasonry communicates what Melchizedek taught Abraham approximately eternity, the continuation of the human soul and the way to raised the lives of these round us.
This quantity provides a accomplished learn of banditry in Latin the US and of its cultural illustration. In its scope around the continent, taking a look heavily at international locations the place bandit tradition has manifested itself forcefully ― Mexico (the topic of the case study), the Hispanic south-west of the USA, Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela and Cuba ― it imagines a ‘Golden Age’ of banditry in Latin the USA from the mid-nineteenth century to the Nineteen Forties whilst so-called ‘social bandits’, an concept first proposed via Eric Hobsbawm and extra constructed the following, flourished.
Wie airplane ich meine Lehrveranstaltung und used to be muss ich dabei beachten? Diese Fragen beschäftigen vor Beginn jedes Semesters Lehrende der Geschichtswissenschaft und angrenzender Disziplinen an deutschen Hochschulen. Der vorliegende Band gibt hierzu theoretisch fundierte und praxisorientierte Hilfestellungen.
- Reconstruction: A Reference Guide: A Reference Guide (Guides to Historic Events in America)
- Heldenhafte Zeiten: Die polnischen Erinnerungen an die Revolutions- und Napoleonischen Kriege 1815–1945 (Die Revolutions- und Napoleanischen Kriege in der Europäischen Erinnerung) (German Edition)
- Daily Life during African American Migrations
- Die Verlässlichkeit der Historia Augusta am Beispiel der Zenobia (German Edition)
- Revolutionary Days: A Chronology of the Mexican Revolution
Extra resources for A Companion to Gender History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)