By Jeremy D. Popkin
- Draws at the most recent scholarship within the box in addition to the author’s unique research
- Offers a necessary source for these learning independence routine in Latin the United States, the heritage of the Atlantic international, the background of the African diaspora, and the age of the yank and French revolutions
- Written through knowledgeable on either the French and Haitian revolutions to supply a balanced view
- Presents a chronological, but thematic, account of the advanced historic contexts that produced and formed the Haitian Revolution
Read or Download A Concise History of the Haitian Revolution (Viewpoints / Puntos de Vista) PDF
Similar historical reference books
Positioned at the southern-most tip of the Balkan peninsula in Europe's southeast, Greece is a small state of a few eleven million humans. And whereas few humans have an extended background than the Greeks, smooth Greece is a reasonably younger kingdom, having been based in 1830. Greece has come far due to the fact then; it's been a consumer nation, first of england after which of the USA, for far of its smooth lifestyles yet now it has secured an equivalent position on the best tables of NATO and the ecu.
Due to the fact that Abraham visited the mysterious personality often called Melchizedek, the King of Salem, the threads of heritage attached that assembly to the good establishment we all know this day as Freemasonry. A fraternity - no longer a faith - Freemasonry communicates what Melchizedek taught Abraham approximately eternity, the continuation of the human soul and the way to higher the lives of these round us.
This quantity promises a complete learn of banditry in Latin the US and of its cultural illustration. In its scope around the continent, taking a look heavily at international locations the place bandit tradition has manifested itself forcefully ― Mexico (the topic of the case study), the Hispanic south-west of the U.S., Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela and Cuba ― it imagines a ‘Golden Age’ of banditry in Latin the US from the mid-nineteenth century to the Nineteen Forties while so-called ‘social bandits’, an concept first proposed via Eric Hobsbawm and extra built right here, flourished.
Wie airplane ich meine Lehrveranstaltung und used to be muss ich dabei beachten? Diese Fragen beschäftigen vor Beginn jedes Semesters Lehrende der Geschichtswissenschaft und angrenzender Disziplinen an deutschen Hochschulen. Der vorliegende Band gibt hierzu theoretisch fundierte und praxisorientierte Hilfestellungen.
- Meaning Over Memory: Recasting the Teaching of Culture and History (H. Eugene and Lillian Youngs Lehman Series)
- Die Weimarer Republik. (Un-)geliebte Demokratie? (Geschichte, gymn. Oberstufe): 6 Unterrichtsstunden, Material und Erwartungshorizont (German Edition)
- Das Attentat auf Elisabeth 'Sisi', die Kaiserin von Österreich und Königin von Ungarn (German Edition)
- Native Peoples of the World: An Encylopedia of Groups, Cultures and Contemporary Issues: An Encylopedia of Groups, Cultures and Contemporary Issues
- Eureka: The Unfinished Revolution
Additional info for A Concise History of the Haitian Revolution (Viewpoints / Puntos de Vista)