By Jonathan Y Chen
Activated Carbon Fiber and Textiles offers systematic assurance of the basics, houses, and present and rising purposes of carbon fiber textiles in one quantity, offering execs and lecturers operating within the box with a broader realizing of those fabrics. half I discusses carbon fiber rules and construction, together with precursors and pyrolysis, carbon fiber spinning, and carbonization and activation. half II offers extra particular research of the foremost houses of carbon fiber textiles, together with their thermal, acoustic, electric, adsorption, and mechanical behaviors. the ultimate part covers functions of carbon fiber resembling filtration, power safeguard, and effort and fuel storage.
- Features enter from an editor who's a professional in his box: Professor Jonathan Chen has a wealth of expertise within the sector of activated carbon fiber materials
- Provides systematic and finished assurance of the most important facets of activated carbon fiber textiles, from their ideas, processing, and houses to their commercial applications
- Offers updated assurance of recent know-how for the fiber and textiles industries
- Covers purposes similar to filtration, power safety, and effort and gasoline storage
Read or Download Activated Carbon Fiber and Textiles (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles) PDF
Similar textiles & polymers books
During this e-book, educational researchers and technologists will locate vital info at the interplay of polymeric and non-polymeric inhibitors with a number of scale forming crystals such as calcium phosphates, calcium carbonate, calcium oxalates, barium sulfate, calcium pyrophosphates, and calcium phosphonates.
This e-book presents a large assessment of present reviews within the engineering of polymers and chemical substances of varied origins. The cutting edge chapters disguise the expansion of academic, medical, and commercial examine actions between chemists, biologists, and polymer and chemical engineers. This ebook publishes major learn and experiences reporting new methodologies and critical functions within the fields of commercial chemistry, commercial polymers, and biotechnology, in addition the newest insurance of chemical databases and the advance of latest computational equipment and effective algorithms for chemical software program and polymer engineering.
This revised and up-to-date moment variation of Polymer Synthesis II maintains within the culture of quantity I in providing targeted laboratory directions for the practise of varied polymers. each one bankruptcy is geared up via sensible teams, and every bankruptcy not just offers preparative tools, but additionally encompasses a short introductory precis, stories of the very newest magazine articles and patents, and protection dangers and precautions.
This 4 quantity set covers the total spectrum of pulp and paper chemistry and know-how from beginning fabric to procedures and items together with marketplace calls for. This paintings is vital for all scholars of wooden technological know-how and an invaluable reference for these operating within the pulp and paper or at the chemistry of renewable assets.
- Synthetic Biodegradable Polymers (Advances in Polymer Science)
- Modelling Degradation of Bioresorbable Polymeric Medical Devices (Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials)
- Polymer Films with Embedded Metal Nanoparticles (Springer Series in Materials Science)
Extra info for Activated Carbon Fiber and Textiles (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)