By Michael Chibnik
Read Online or Download Anthropology, Economics, and Choice PDF
Best anthropology books
Humans of Substance is a full of life, available ethnography of a posh indigenous workforce of individuals of the Colombian Amazon who name themselves ‘People of the heart. ’ Carlos David Londoño Sulkin examines this group's understandings and practices in terms of selfhood, social association, livelihood, and symbolism.
Generations: The Time computing device in idea and perform demanding situations the fragmented and various use of the concept that of iteration typically present in the social sciences. It ways the concept that in a fashion that stretches the sociological mind's eye clear of its orientation towards the current by way of development the idea that of the passage of time into our knowing of the social.
Transitioning: topic, gender, inspiration takes the physique, its ontologies and temporalities, as a chief ethnographic heuristic to discover transition contexts, kinfolk and lifestyles methods. even if in Britain the Gender reputation Act has, considering 2004, supplied a framework for id reputation in case you search to stay as a member of the other gender, this booklet attracts on trans men’s reports to conceptualise transition outdoor this framework.
The nice expanse of Arctic and Sub-Arctic lands that reach around the northern fringe of the yank continent is as tricky and important to humans as any on this planet. The Athapaskan-speaking Indians who made it their domestic by no means captured the mind's eye of renowned writers as did the Eskimo who lived on their northern borders and the Plains Indians who lived to the south.
- The Restless Anthropologist: New Fieldsites, New Visions
- Symbolic Immortality: The Tlingit Potlatch of the Nineteenth Century, Second Edition (Naomi B. Pascal Editor's Endowment)
- Novum Millennium: Studies on Byzantine History and Culture Dedicated to Paul Speck
- Organisation und Profession (Organisation und Gesellschaft) (German Edition)
- Pictures Bring Us Messages / Sinaakssiiksi aohtsimaahpihkookiyaawa: Photographs and Histories from the Kainai Nation (Heritage)
- Culture as a System: How We Know the Meaning and Significance of What We Do and Say (Routledge Studies in Anthropology)
Extra resources for Anthropology, Economics, and Choice