By Robert Bryson-Richardson,Silke Berger,Peter Currie
Zebrafish are commonly thought of a superb model system for vertebrate improvement. The embryo is obvious, thereby permitting visualization and use of labelling and transgenic techniques. furthermore, as a result of the ease of inducing new mutations in zebrafish and similarity with the human genome, this organism can be used successfully for disorder reviews. for instance, mutant zebrafish are being applied for trying out medicinal drugs that may wrestle various human ailments, from Alzheimer's and melanoma to kidney failure and congenital middle disorder. For the 1st time, this atlas offers the examine neighborhood with a whole reference for zebrafish anatomy spanning the early embryo the entire strategy to adulthood.
The authors hire the means of optical projection tomography (OPT), and provide a sequence of sections in a number of planes from each one pattern. The contents are equipped via developmental levels, with over two hundred pictures that comprise annotations describing anatomical constructions proper to improvement. furthermore, chapters function explanatory textual content that highlights significant advancements within the zebrafish in the course of each one stage.
- Provides the 1st complete anatomical source that covers all areas of zebrafish anatomy from the larval interval to adulthood
- The over 2 hundred photographs contain explanatory notes
- Each bankruptcy encompasses a concise description of key anatomical gains that think about zebrafish development
- Despite decades of use as a version process, before there hasn't ever been a advisor to zebrafish on the larval stage
- The book's site features a database of over 10k sections from various areas in addition to 3D photographs which are interactive
Read Online or Download Atlas of Zebrafish Development PDF
Best developmental biology books
This ebook includes 26 contributions facing the biology of aquatic oligochaetes and covers quite a lot of issues together with taxonomy, morphology, ultrastructure, embryology, replica, feeding biology, ecotoxicity, group reports, and species distribution. Descriptions of recent taxa in tropical components, together with Amazonian wooded area soils, in addition to overviews at the biodiversity of aquatic oligochaetes in Australia and eu groundwaters, are offered.
Presents numerous photographs and an perception into one of many vital version platforms in neurobiology. This ebook additionally good points papers, which come with a molecular phenotype atlas and a remedy of the neurochemical anatomy of the zebrafish retina as decided through immunocytochemistry.
Metastasis is liable for a wide burden of morbidity and mortality between melanoma sufferers, and presently few cures particularly objective metastatic illness. extra medical dissection of the underlying pathways is needed to pave the best way for brand new healing objectives. This groundbreaking new textual content comprehensively covers the procedures underlying melanoma metastasis and the medical therapy of metastatic affliction.
Almost any affliction that effects from malfunctioning, broken, or failing tissues can be very likely cured via regenerative medication cures, by way of both regenerating the broken tissues in vivo, or through becoming the tissues and organs in vitro and implanting them into the sufferer. ideas of Regenerative medication discusses the most recent advances in expertise and drugs for exchanging tissues and organs broken via affliction and of constructing cures for formerly untreatable stipulations, similar to diabetes, center ailment, liver illness, and renal failure.
- Jubbs Cell Rejuvenation: Colloidal Biology: A Symbiosis
- Developmental Signaling in Plants (The Enzymes)
- Vertebrate Myogenesis (Results and Problems in Cell Differentiation)
- International Review of Cytology: A Survey of Cell Biology: 233 (International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology)
- Advances in Plant Dormancy
- Issues and Reviews in Teratology: Volume 6
Extra info for Atlas of Zebrafish Development