By Dr. Richard Grimmett
- Build strong robots with the all new BeagleBone Blue
- Communicate together with your robotic and educate it to observe and reply to its environment
- Control strolling, rolling, swimming, and flying robots together with your iOS and Android cellular devices
BeagleBone Blue is successfully a small, mild, reasonable computing device in the same vein to Raspberry Pi and Arduino. It has the entire extensibility of trendy computing device machines, yet with out the majority, fee, or noise. This undertaking consultant offers step by step directions that permit someone to exploit this new, inexpensive platform in a few attention-grabbing robotics tasks. by the point you're complete, your tasks can be capable of see, communicate, hear, discover their atmosphere, and circulate in a number of awesome ways.
The e-book starts with unpacking and powering up the parts. This comprises assistance on what to buy and the way to attach all of it effectively, and a primer on programming the BeagleBone Blue. you'll upload extra software program performance on hand from the open resource group, together with making the process see utilizing a webcam, listen utilizing a microphone, and converse utilizing a speaker.
You will then discover ways to use the recent strength of the BeagleBone Blue to make your robots movement, in addition to realize how one can upload sonar sensors to prevent or locate gadgets. Later, you'll discover ways to remotely regulate your robotic via iOS and Android units. on the finish of this booklet, you'll discover find out how to combine all of those functionalities to interact, ahead of constructing the main amazing robotics tasks: Drone and Submarine.
What you are going to learn
- Power on and configure the BeagleBone Blue
- Get to understand uncomplicated programming concepts to allow the original services of the BeagleBone Blue.
- Connect average to permit your tasks to determine, communicate, listen, and move
- Build complex functions into your initiatives, akin to GPS and sonar sensors
- Build complicated initiatives which could fly, or pass less than or at the water
About the Author
Dr. Richard Grimmett has been serious about pcs and electronics from his first actual programming venture, which used Fortran on punch playing cards. He has bachelor's and master's levels in electric engineering and a PhD in management experiences. He additionally has 26 years of expertise within the radar and telecommunications industries, or even has one of many unique brick telephones. He now teaches desktop technological know-how and electric engineering at Brigham younger collage, Idaho, the place his workplace is stuffed with his many robotics projects.
Table of Contents
- Getting begun with the BeagleBone Blue
- Programming the BeagleBone Blue
- Making the unit cellular: Controlling Wheeled/Tracked Movement
- Avoiding stumbling blocks utilizing Sensors
- Allowing the BeagleBone Blue to See
- Providing Speech enter and Output
- Making the unit very cellular: Controlling Legged Movement
- Using a GPS Receiver to find Your Robot
- By Land, Sea, and Air
- System Dynamics