By S. Gordon,Y L Hsieh
The first a part of the e-book discusses the elemental chemical and actual constitution of cotton and its numerous houses. recommendation is on the market on measuring and making sure the standard of cotton fibre. development on those fundamentals, half analyses a variety of ability for generating cotton reminiscent of genetic amendment and natural construction. Chapters specialise in spinning, knitting and weaving applied sciences in addition to concepts in dyeing. the ultimate element of the booklet concludes with chapters fascinated by useful elements in the equivalent to overall healthiness and questions of safety and recycling equipment for used cotton.
Written via an array of overseas specialists in the box, Cotton: technology and expertise is a necessary reference for all these serious about the manufacture and qc of cotton.
- Summarises key medical and technological concerns in making sure cotton quality
- Discusses the elemental chemical and actual constitution of cotton
- Individual chapters specialize in spinning, knitting and weaving technologies
Read or Download Cotton: Science and Technology (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles) PDF
Best textiles & polymers books
During this e-book, educational researchers and technologists will locate vital info at the interplay of polymeric and non-polymeric inhibitors with numerous scale forming crystals such as calcium phosphates, calcium carbonate, calcium oxalates, barium sulfate, calcium pyrophosphates, and calcium phosphonates.
This booklet offers a large evaluate of present stories within the engineering of polymers and chemical compounds of varied origins. The cutting edge chapters conceal the expansion of academic, medical, and business study actions between chemists, biologists, and polymer and chemical engineers. This e-book publishes major learn and studies reporting new methodologies and critical purposes within the fields of commercial chemistry, commercial polymers, and biotechnology, besides the newest insurance of chemical databases and the advance of latest computational equipment and effective algorithms for chemical software program and polymer engineering.
This revised and up to date moment version of Polymer Synthesis II maintains within the culture of quantity I in featuring targeted laboratory directions for the coaching of assorted polymers. every one bankruptcy is prepared by way of useful teams, and every bankruptcy not just offers preparative tools, but additionally features a short introductory precis, stories of the very most up-to-date magazine articles and patents, and defense dangers and precautions.
This 4 quantity set covers the total spectrum of pulp and paper chemistry and know-how from beginning fabric to strategies and items together with industry calls for. This paintings is key for all scholars of wooden technological know-how and an invaluable reference for these operating within the pulp and paper or at the chemistry of renewable assets.
- Experimental Methods in Polymer Science: Modern Methods in Polymer Research and Technology (Polymers, Interfaces and Biomaterials)
- Polyimides and Other High Temperature Polymers: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications, Volume 3: Synthesis, Characterization, and Applications
- Maintenance Schedules of Spinning mill
- Degradation of Implant Materials
- Medical and Healthcare Textiles: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Healthcare and Medical Textiles (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
- Polymer Films with Embedded Metal Nanoparticles (Springer Series in Materials Science)
Extra info for Cotton: Science and Technology (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)