By Helen Thomas,Jamilah Ahmed
- Breaks new floor in a space of research that remains a vital topic of dialogue and examine around the humanities and social sciences
- Draws on ethnography as an invaluable technique of exploring our daily social and cultural environments
- Constitutes a huge step in constructing key parts of research, the physique and ethnography, and the connection among them
- Brings jointly a world and multi-disciplinary group of scholars
--This textual content refers to another Kindle Edition edition.
Read Online or Download Cultural Bodies: Ethnography and Theory PDF
Similar anthropology books
Humans of Substance is a full of life, available ethnography of a posh indigenous workforce of individuals of the Colombian Amazon who name themselves ‘People of the heart. ’ Carlos David Londoño Sulkin examines this group's understandings and practices in relation to selfhood, social association, livelihood, and symbolism.
Generations: The Time laptop in idea and perform demanding situations the fragmented and numerous use of the idea that of iteration in general present in the social sciences. It methods the idea that in a way that stretches the sociological mind's eye clear of its orientation towards the current via construction the idea that of the passage of time into our realizing of the social.
Transitioning: subject, gender, notion takes the physique, its ontologies and temporalities, as a major ethnographic heuristic to discover transition contexts, kin and lifestyles techniques. even though in Britain the Gender attractiveness Act has, because 2004, supplied a framework for id acceptance in the event you search to reside as a member of the other gender, this ebook attracts on trans men’s reviews to conceptualise transition open air this framework.
The nice expanse of Arctic and Sub-Arctic lands that extend around the northern fringe of the yank continent is as tough and critical to people as any on the earth. The Athapaskan-speaking Indians who made it their domestic by no means captured the mind's eye of well known writers as did the Eskimo who lived on their northern borders and the Plains Indians who lived to the south.
- With All, and for the Good of All: The Emergence of Popular Nationalism in the Cuban Communities of the United States, 1848–1898
- Taarab Music in Zanzibar in the Twentieth Century: A Story of ‘Old is Gold’ and Flying Spirits (SOAS Musicology Series)
- Northern Bantu Cb: An Account of Some Central African Tribes of the Uganda Protectorate
- Kinship and Social Organisation (Routledge Revivals)
Extra info for Cultural Bodies: Ethnography and Theory