By Joseph A. Massad
Read or Download Desiring Arabs PDF
Best gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Within the marriage ceremony advanced Elizabeth Freeman explores the importance of the marriage rite via asking what the marriage turns into in the event you separate it from the assumption of marriage. Freeman reveals that weddings—as performances, fantasies, and rituals of transformation—are websites for imagining and enacting varieties of social intimacy except monogamous heterosexuality.
In A twist of fate of wishes, Tom Boellstorff considers how interdisciplinary collaboration among anthropology and queer reports may well enhance either fields. For greater than a decade he has visited Indonesia, either as an anthropologist exploring gender and sexuality and as an activist keen on HIV prevention paintings.
What does social technological know-how learn let us know approximately homosexuality? Does this data impact public coverage? regardless of scholarly learn, homosexuality is still the topic of an severe, and infrequently sour, debate. This quantity summarizes educational wisdom approximately homosexuality and its relevance for public coverage.
It has been A company DOING excitement WITH YOU is my autobiography of being a excessive profile homosexual escort, from early army upbringing and its clashes with my younger homosexual identification, to stories of leaving domestic below danger of shotgun. Going out into the realm I made my technique to discover a area of interest of survival, merely to find quickly afterwards that I had whatever some distance tougher to outlive, a virulent disease known as HIV.
- Making Modern Love: Sexual Narratives and Identities in Interwar Britain (Sexuality Studies)
- Queer Presences and Absences (Genders and Sexualities in the Social Sciences)
- Queer Brown Voices: Personal Narratives of Latina/o LGBT Activism
- Letters to ONE: Gay and Lesbian Voices from the 1950s and 1960s (SUNY series in Queer Politics and Cultures)
- Introducing the New Sexuality Studies
- Desiring Emancipation: New Women and Homosexuality in Germany, 1890-1933 (SUNY series in Queer Politics and Cultures)
Additional resources for Desiring Arabs